CIPA done

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Thu May 8 20:47:18 EDT 2008

On May 8, 2008, at 7:58 PM, Martin Dengler wrote:

> On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 04:06:03PM -0700, Edward Cherlin wrote:
>> [. . .]
>> It is sufficient if we clearly obey the law, and don't seek
>> to go beyond it.
>
> Any lawyers around?  "go beyond" implies "interpret" -- the only
> safe course is to comply exactly and minimally, IMHO.

I was contacted by Julie Lindner of the EFF about this issue after
a previous thread on devel.  I described the situation about three
weeks ago, and asked if EFF could clarify what is needed (and
what laws apply).   She hasn't replied yet (I imagine the EFF is
busier than OLPC.)

If you want to contact her let me know and I'll forward her email
address.
wad