Ideas for testers (what needs testing?)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu May 8 16:19:59 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 4:17 AM, Steve Holton <sph0lt0n at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a set of requirements against which testers should be testing?

I don't think we have that. We do have some test guides that show some
basic steps that are expected to work. We work to high-level specs.

> It seems a recipe for dumping the designers into the hell of constantly,
> interactively  explaining to the testers what was expected, what wasn't, and
> why.

It's not *that* bad ;-) Explore it, figure it out - after all, that's
what we expect our end users to do! - and of needed, ask the original
designers and developers for some explanation (that can hopefully be
captured in the wiki as documentation).

This approach has worked fantastic for Moodle and other projects. The
alternative is to line up an army of technical writers, and I've only
heard of one around here so far...

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions