Ideas for testers (what needs testing?)

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Thu May 8 12:17:43 EDT 2008

2008/5/1 Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I would really appreciate testing in Colors! and Bounce (still waiting
>> for
>> > #6766 to get them into joyride).  Particularly, reliable steps to
>> reproduce
>> > any bugs in Colors! collaboration mode.
>> >
>> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Colors%21
>> >  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Bounce
>>
>> Cool. Any guidance as to what to look for? Can we cc the devel list about
>> this?
>>

> No real test plan guidance has been developed, they are just activities
> that I developed on my own without much feedback from the community.  When I
> get a feature working I move on to the next one, but there hasn't been
> extensive testing on either.

Is there a set of requirements against which testers should be testing?

Forgive my formalized testing background, but how are we to know what to
test, or if the test passes or fails, without knowing what the component was
supposed to do in the first place?

It seems a recipe for dumping the designers into the hell of constantly,
interactively  explaining to the testers what was expected, what wasn't, and
why.

--
Steve Holton
sph0lt0n at gmail.com