very simple datastore reimplementation (Tomeu Vizoso)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Thu May 8 09:34:18 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 4:39 PM, James Simmons <jim.simmons at walgreens.com> wrote:
> Tomeu,
>
> This sounds like a good way to go to me (speaking as a G1G1 owner and
> Activity developer).  My question would be, would it still be possible
> to launch Activities from removeable storage.  What I'm referring to
> would be things like the Read activity (and my own similar Activities)
> where the MIME type of the file determines which Activities may be
> resumed.  I don't expect the Activity itself to be installed on
> removeable storage, just the file being used by the Activity.
>
> Another thing I would hope for is the ability to deal with files in
> subdirectories in the removeable media section of the Journal.  This
> doesn't have to be fancy.  Something like one of the panes of  Midnight
> Commander (text version) would do nicely.  The current system of making
> everything look like a Journal entry creates false expectations.  At
> least I had some.

To both points, I think it's a user experience matter that Eben should
answer to.

But I hope that we go for a solution for removable storage that will
allow people with different needs than kids' to implement alternatives
that work best for them.

Making the DataStore smaller and more open will help with this, hopefully.

Thanks,

Tomeu