An OLPC Development Model

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Wed May 7 16:11:17 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> On 07.05.2008, at 19:54, C. Scott Ananian wrote:
> > On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Bert Freudenberg
>  > <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>  Well, my trust in OLPC is being probed every other day. I take your
>  word, and I trust a few other people there, but I also have to
>  acknowledge that priorities at OLPC are changing. So much so that some
>  of the people I trusted most are leaving.

This I can't argue with. But this particular issue has been hashed out
time and time and time again, which is why it continually frustrates
me!

>  And it's certainly no coincidence that the list of activities in olpc3
>  is what Kim wanted in ticket 6598. You certainly remember the
>  discussions.

You're on crack, Bert.  *None* of the activities listed in 6598 are in
the core build.  What was actually implemented was
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/2064, which I opened 10 months ago, and
eventually prevailed with.  joyride is the anomaly these days, mostly
due to historical reasons and my personal laziness.  Please open a bug
against joyride if you feel strongly about it.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )