An OLPC Development Model

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Wed May 7 14:19:04 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 2:10 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  Well, I think we should provide a set of default activities. And I
>  >  think those should include the educational ones. Shipping default
>  >  images with no activities on them doesn't send the right message
>  >  either, imo.
>
>  Dammit, why are we having the discussion again!
>
>  We do not *ship* any image or machine with no activities installed.
>  End of story.

I thought that was exactly what we were doing, and that the only way
to have activities wind up on builds was via "activity packs" supplied
at the country level.  Clearly communication hasn't been clear enough
here.  Do you mind clarifying the actual process?  It's pertinent to
the issue of ensuring that the ring is never empty.

- Eben