very simple datastore reimplementation

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Wed May 7 12:59:23 EDT 2008

My original olpcfs proposal for removable devices, which I think I
discussed in my talk but may not be written up on the wiki page, was
to have a very simple olpcfs implementation that stored metadata off
to the side and provided indexing (via brute-force search), but stored
files on-device with their 'real' names and paths, and didn't provide
any versioning (that is, every file supported the versioning API, but
only reported one version).  This allows the Journal/datastore code to
be invariant, while still providing the legacy support jg wants.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )