15 computer science collegians looking for a project

Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Mon May 5 15:23:21 EDT 2008

On May 5, 2008, at 8:38 PM, NoiseEHC wrote:

> I have registered on said page but when I click to my projects it
> goes to wiki.laptop.org and all I can see an empty page. Are those
> people over

dang! thanks, you found a bug. Actually a regression. It already worked.
Will have to investigate.

> viewing my application will decide by using that empty page? Since
> I cannot see any change tracking feature on the wiki, I am not sure
> how could people track/discuss new projects either.

The idea is that the bot in projectdb.olpc.at reads the Talk: page
about the project proposal on the wiki.l.o.
That way - people will be able to talk and discuss a project
application on a community level. Let's say in a mediawiki style.
Then these comments get fed back into the projectdb and the persons
who really have the "vote" bit set can decide about a project proposal.

But the main concern so far was: 1) do we get the data in correctly
and 2) can we export it to B* ?

These community features can be implemented in hack sessions on
weekends usually.

> One of the textboxes is not too clear to me on the new project page.
> 1. Description of your experience, both with hardware and software.
> - Am I supposed to write about my work experience regarding the new
> project?
experience in general. Why are you the right person to do that project ?

> Why shall I define it again if I already did it on my registration
> form? Or is it about something else? (I am not a native speaker.)

ah, ok, the redundancy bug maybe.

The rest was clear for you?

a.