olpc fedora build source code

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Fri May 2 14:32:55 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 01:38:41PM -0400, Bill Mccormick wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Sorry to bug you with another newbie question, but I'm now stuck.
> Where do I get the fedora src code?

We keep archives of the code that goes into our builds, in the form of
SRPMs, in a git repository on mock.laptop.org [1]. (Many of these SRPMs
are pulled directly from Fedora's cvs repository; the others come from
the package dropbox system on dev.laptop.org [2]).

  [1]: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Source_code
  [2]: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Build_system

SRPMs can be unpacked by installing them with rpm or by extracting them
with the rpmdev-extract program from the rpmdevtools package on Fedora
systems.

If you find yourself in need of access to a Fedora machine for
development purposes, we can set you up with a shell account.

Michael