flash specs

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Thu May 1 14:29:19 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Rob Savoye <rob at welcomehome.org> wrote:
> Andres Salomon wrote:
>
>  > Adobe was clearly responding to Nicholas's cry for flash on the XO.  ;)
>
>   I doubt that... although they are also dropping all licensing fees. As

Hmm.  To my understanding, the licensing fees were never the problem
for OLPC, it was ability to sublicense and redistribute.  But I don't
actually know anything.  I can't find the *actual* license that Adobe
is moving to; the press release is uncomfortably future tense in many
places.  Can anyone do the detective work to find out if this means we
can *really* ship Adobe flash from the factory (deferring the
discussion of "do we want to" for the moment)?
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )