flash specs

Rob Savoye rob at welcomehome.org
Thu May 1 11:57:13 EDT 2008

Andres Salomon wrote:

> Adobe was clearly responding to Nicholas's cry for flash on the XO.  ;)

  I doubt that... although they are also dropping all licensing fees. As
far as the Gnash team can tell, while this does remove some of the legal
issues around flash, we're far past the point the released specs will do
us any good. Also although FLV is documented, it uses Sorenson, so it's
still a patent violation for us to make "YouTube" work out of the box on
the XO. A nice move on Adobe's part, more openness is always good, but
basically useless for developers.

	- rob -