Gamepad and Rocker Images?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Thu May 1 12:16:12 EDT 2008

Eben writes:
> We're actually going to be putting some more
> effort behind handheld mode in the relatively near future

 From my point of view, better button support is an ESSENTIAL part
of making the OLPC easier to use than it has been.

One intent for the OLPC is "to replace textbooks".  Good "human
factors" facilities ought to be provided for manipulating the
displayed information when the OLPC is configured in handheld mode.
Judging by the number of comments I have read, the 65x builds did
not achieve that.

The goal should be to have the same button do the same thing, no
matter which Application is displaying the information.  (Plus
rotate the button functions when the screen content is rotated.)
[I'm willing to have games be an exception to how buttons are used
for "information" viewing.]

mikus