[Testing] [sugar] Testing Update.1-702

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Fri Mar 28 12:06:47 EDT 2008

Hi,

   > Walter found a problem with Chat when using an open AP between two
   > laptops. The Chat invitation shows after the first one shares it,
   > but when the second laptop clicks on it, that opens a new chat --
   > it doesn't open the shared one. THey can't chat.

   > It worked in simple mesh and school server mesh.

   > Walter - please tell us if this is a show stopper for Update.1 --
   > especially given that we are pushing for AP in some deployments.

   > If so, we should make sure someone is looking at that one
   > first. Without knowing exactly when this regressed (I hope to try
   > it on some 699 laptops), it isn't clear how quickly it can get
   > fixed.

This seems to be http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6739 -- the symptom of
"Activity launched, but claims to be Private" matches exactly, and I've
seen this on both Write and Read.  This is the bug I mentioned in the
meeting as not being limited to Read.  We should check Walter's logs to
confirm:  if it is this bug, we'll see:

   1206139420.701489 DEBUG root: Failed to join activity:  [...]

in the Chat.log.  Please attach the .tar.bz2 created by running
"olpc-netlog" to #6739, and I'll take a look.

I don't know whether this is a regression -- the current theory in the
bug is that we're simply not receiving packets from the network.  I'll
be testing that theory by posting a log of network traffic during a
failure today.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>