Monday's Testing

Ricardo Carrano carrano at laptop.org
Fri Mar 28 08:44:06 EDT 2008

Martin, David,

There is the detection of a school server _and_ there is the detection of
mesh density. Different issues (both present at Wad's testbed).
And, there is also detection of an infra-structure.

>From a high-level perspective NetworkManager keeps a state machine that
should tell us where we are.

>From a layer two pov, Michalis already pointed out that this can be
implemented at firmware level. So the tweakings will be transparent to upper
layers.

An example of higher level tweak is switching from Jabber (and shutting down
Salut) when possible. Here you have to be careful with the back and forth
issue you mention.

--
Ricardo Carrano