[sugar] Joyride is reopened for development.

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 16:34:03 EDT 2008

Hi all,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:33 AM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  We announced the Joyride builds as having been frozen for new features
>  several months ago, as we solidified the Update.1 build.  Now that it's
>  doing fine in its own stream, we're reopening the Joyride process for
>  new development.  So, consider Joyride to be gradually unfreezing.
>  Please announce large changes before pushing them, and push via the
>  Joyride ~/public_rpms process or the Koji dist-olpc2 branch.
>
>  We'd like to invite a discussion about process changes to ensure that
>  our Joyride builds continue to be stable and usable.  Ideas welcome!

Some of the things I would like to see during this cycle (from a
localizer's point of view) are

1. A branching policy
2. Strict string freeze periods

Wrt #1, At some point (say, when feature freeze for Update 2 kicks
in), I would like to see _all_ the translated modules (activities,
etc) to branch to a Update-2 branch (we had this in Update-1 as well,
but only for Sugar, Journal, Record and Browse). This should make life
easier for the developers as well (as they can continue all the fun
and experimentation in the master (or is it HEAD?) branch)

If #1 is implemented properly, I guess #2 should naturally follow.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta