[sugar] Testing Update.1-702

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Mar 26 20:08:15 EDT 2008

Michael Stone wrote:
> Dear everyone,
>
> At today's software status meeting, several individuals, including:
>
>   dgilmore
>   erikos
>   bemasc
>   Blaketh
>   mstone
>
> volunteered [had their arms twisted] into running the
>
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/1_Hour_Smoke_Test
>
> on Update.1 702 with Spanish-language laptops when available and with
> other languages as the opportunity arises. Installation instructions:
>
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Testing_Update.1
>
> The purpose of this testing is to generate data that will help qualify
> or disqualify Update.1-702's suitability to be our Update.1 release and
> that will help us to improve the stub Update.1 release notes at:
>
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Update.1_Software_Release_Notes
>
> I have charged Simon Schampijer (erikos) with the task of cleaning and
> collating information gleaned from this testing by ensuring that
> information makes its way into Trac and by preparing daily public status
> reports describing the measurements that were made and what they
> revealed. Please cooperate with him to the best of your ability.

I have setup a simple wiki page where you can add some information
(name, language you did the test in, Trac ticket numbers you entered
information) about the smoke test you did. I hope this gives a rough
estimation of how many tests have been made.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Testing_Update.1_Results

Thanks,
    Simon