Fixing the Pen Tablet

Andres Salomon dilinger at queued.net
Mon Mar 24 12:41:01 EDT 2008

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 22:00:38 -0400
Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Below are patches to the kernel source code and the xorg-x11-server and
> xorg-x11-drv-evdev packages which restore function to the ALPS Pen
> Tablet (dlo#5268), which fix the "twin clicks" bug that plagued previous
> approaches (dlo#6079), and which cause X to configure the Pen Tablet in
> absolute mode (mapped to the entire screen, dlo#1002) while leaving
> Glide Sensor in relative mode (discussion at dlo#4260).
>
> Blake & Michael

Regarding these patches;

- Please don't change the "magic" values without giving justification.  Also,
  do it in a separate patch.
- Why are we patching the hal code?  That seems completely unnecessary
  simply to change ABS vs REL mode.  Not to mention, we aleady have the
  desired effect with a master kernel, without needing to patch
  additional stuff.
- Why aren't people using the touchpad code in master?  I've mostly
  rewritten the touchpad driver there.  I don't care about getting
  the PT working in stable; post update.1 (whenever *that* is), the old
  touchpad driver is going away.