Call for Papers/Talks/Ideas! "Update.2 Mini-Conference"

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Mar 21 21:55:00 EDT 2008

On 22.03.2008 02:09, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
> <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>>  if Windows runs faster

>>  once somebody has a child-friendly UI for Windows
>>

> You are going from "if" to "when" with absolutely no support from facts.

Oh, I have seen the huge speed difference between the current
UI/environment and a minimalist one (both on real hardware). That's
sufficient to question the assertion that Windows would be slower
(unless Windows source is really that unoptimized).

> I agree with John's concern and desire for better performance...
> concentrating on our users. But "maybe a competitor runs faster" is
> not an interesting conversation on the development list.

This is the development list, not the sugar list. Technically, Microsoft
is not a competitor of development, it only competes with the currently
used OS and UI. I can't see another list fitting the debate as well as
devel at . Feel free to educate me otherwise.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel