Call for Papers/Talks/Ideas! "Update.2 Mini-Conference"

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Fri Mar 21 13:03:17 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
> Is still the plan for Update.2 to be about the most urgent needs from
>  the deployments?

Perhaps I wrote the call for papers too narrowly.  Certainly every
stable release will continue to include fixes for pressing deployment
needs, and those will continue to be priorities.  But we need to look
up from the immediate needs from time to time to ensure we're going in
the right long-term direction.  So certainly talks based on short-term
goals and needs in the field are desired, but the purpose is also to
stimulate discussion on long-term needs and planning as well, and then
to try to find the roadmap that gets us from our short-term fixes to
our long-term goals.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )