physic engines speed tests

Joshua Minor j at lux.vu
Tue Mar 18 13:29:15 EDT 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 9:48 AM, Chris Hager wrote:

>> How do the physics models themselves compare?
>
> The only difference I noticed so far is that Box2D calculates in
> MKS (meter-kilo-seconds), and we have to do the translation to
> pixels by hand.

I have noticed that Chipmunk never seems to settle all the way, it
stays jittery even when nothing should be moving.  Box2D only gets
jittery when objects are under a lot of pressure.  Also, Box2D now
supports a flag to enable continuous collision detection.  This can
prevent high velocity objects from tunneling through thin objects.

-josh