New bible reading activity

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Sat Mar 15 16:13:46 EDT 2008

> In other words, I think that in terms of third party content and
> activities, we want to be "culturally neutral" by supporting all
> types, cultures, religions, and ideals, rather than by ignoring all of
> them.

+1.

It did seem odd to me that a whole application would be dedicated to
reading (various translations of) exactly one book.  Perhaps this
(GPL) application can be improved by volunteers to work with two books.
Or more!  (As every computer science student knows, the interesting
numbers are 0, 1, and more than 1.  Once your code handles 2, getting to 3
or 3000 is usually really easy.)

We've also seen people working on making it easy to read the Koran on
the OLPC.  Perhaps the two efforts can be merged ;-\

	John (an atheist myself)

PS: Some countries have an official religion; their educational
department is probably going to put religious education in every XO
they use, as it already is in their schoolbooks.  Get used to it.