Microsoft? (was Re: OLPC seeks a CEO -- who was your favorite CEO elsewhere?)

Jeffrey Kesselman jeffpk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 18:05:08 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Charles Merriam
<charles.merriam at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Nothing mean, cruel, or chilling.  Just OLPC does not help and support
>  this effort.  MS is on their own.

Maybe a bit more?  it might be good to acknwledge that it is an open
platform and anyone cna write anything they want to it... and then give
them a back handed slap.  You know, something like...

"We are gratified that Microsoft  finds the OLPC an appealing platform.
We would encourage them to get invovled with and support the open
software community effort on it rather then spending all their energy
in other proprietary directions."