Microsoft? (was Re: OLPC seeks a CEO -- who was your favorite CEO elsewhere?)

Charles Merriam charles.merriam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 17:59:28 EDT 2008

Is there *any* suggestion that the entire "Microsoft on OLPC" story is
anything other than:
1.  A small group of experimenters at Microsoft playing around in the
slack time.
2.  FUD stories to downplay OLPC.

The OLPC corporate needs to respond with a one liner that "we have no
plans to now or in the future".  The story could change, but the
current stance does need to be known.  FUD works kind of like nuisance
law-suits:  failure to say anything is an automatic loss.

Nothing mean, cruel, or chilling.  Just OLPC does not help and support
this effort.  MS is on their own.

Charles