drawing, structured graphics

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 10:38:49 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Victor Lazzarini
<Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  what would be the best bet for going about implementing
>  structured graphics a-la Tkinter's canvas class in XO
>  activities? Would it be PyCairo? or PyGTK (gtk/gdk)?

I guess PyCairo would be the best :-)

>  also could anyone point to a PyGTK custom widget
>  tutorial somewhere? I had a look at one in
>  http://www.learningpython.com/2006/07/25/writing-a-custom-widget-using-pygtk/
>
>  but the code wouldn't work. Are there others?

<shameless plug>
http://pymag.phparch.com/c/issue/view/60
</shameless plug>

Last time I checked - the code was working. You'll have to register to
download the issue (it should be a free download).

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta