drawing, structured graphics

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Mon Mar 10 10:30:48 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Victor Lazzarini
<Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  what would be the best bet for going about implementing
>  structured graphics a-la Tkinter's canvas class in XO
>  activities? Would it be PyCairo? or PyGTK (gtk/gdk)?

Pycairo looks best to me. There's not much info specific to pycairo,
but between the C docs and the examples in the pycairo tarball you
could get an idea of how things work.

>  also could anyone point to a PyGTK custom widget
>  tutorial somewhere? I had a look at one in
>  http://www.learningpython.com/2006/07/25/writing-a-custom-widget-using-pygtk/
>
>  but the code wouldn't work. Are there others?

Why is the code not working? Perhaps we could discuss it here so other
interested people can participate, and perhaps someone will add a
howto to the wiki?

Here you can find other related articles:

http://www.pygtk.org/articles.html

Good luck,

Tomeu