WDS problems observed in today's testing

Ronak Chokshi rchokshi at marvell.com
Mon Mar 3 14:58:39 EST 2008

We encountered this problem elsewhere and found out that the latest
version of the firmware from Linksys (only works on the WRT54G v8
routers btw; might also work for the WAP54G as well) resolves the WDS
problem.

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1
=Content-Type&blobheadername2=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=text%
2Fplain&blobheadervalue2=inline%3B+filename%3DWRT54G-v8_v8.00.5_fwReleas
eNotes.txt&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1193773201628&ssbin
ary=true&lid=8663037401B159

(Please paste the above link on your browser; clicking on the above link
somehow didn't work for me).

In the firmware version 8.00.5, it specifically mentions:

"Resolves issue with using a WAP54G in repeater mode."

This looks to be a fairly recent version of the firmware.

Regards,
Ronak

http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware/Linksys/WRT54G?highlight=(O
pe