WDS problems observed in today's testing

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Mon Mar 3 13:37:52 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 10:22 -0800, Javier Cardona wrote:
> Jim,
>
> On 3/3/08, Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org> wrote:
> > These were WRT54GL's running OpenWRT, just to ask the exact
> >  configuration?
>
> Not sure if it was a WRT54G or WRT54GL, but I'm certain that it was
> running the original Linksys firmware.

Yup.  They will always have the problem.  My point was that if you see a
WRT54G (as opposed to the WRT54GL), you have to dig deeper to figure out
if they can run OpenWRT or not.  Some can; some cannot....  Nothing like
changing hardware in a significant way without changing the model
number.

This has details:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware/Linksys/WRT54G?highlight=(OpenWrtDocs/Hardware)
                                 - Jim