storing Activity parameters

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Mar 1 14:23:24 EST 2008

There has been discussion of the use of the Journal, versus other
places, to store information associated with an Activity.

What I've noticed is that some Activities are now storing their
parameters in the Journal.  For instance, I prefer to change the
shape of the eyes in 'Speak'.  If I launch 'Speak' from the menu
frame, it shows the "default" eye shape.  If I launch 'Speak' from
the Journal, it shows the eye shape I specified earlier.

Personally, I would prefer having Activities store user-specified
overrides someplace other than in the Journal.  Then when a new
'instance' of the Activity gets invoked, it can come up looking the
way the user likes it, not just with its "built-in" appearance.

mikus