my XO has difficulty with f9

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Jun 30 21:02:40 EDT 2008

Been running reasonably happily with f7 builds (primarily Joyride
2056). G1G1; Q2D16.  When I couldn't stand sitting still any longer,
I installed yesterday's Joyride (f9).  Ran almost acceptably (needed
manual intervention during boot).

One problem I had was that my USB removable storage devices (except
for my SD card) were not being recognized, neither by OFW nor by the
system drivers.  The insoluble problem was that when I installed a
build (e.g., Joyride 2089), the first boot would work -- but
thereafter every attempt at booting would "stop" somewhere.  [If I
used the 'check' key to get out of "pretty boot", the booting
process would always stop after the console message "Starting
anacron:".  If I used manual intervention to get to the text
console, after the "Starting anacron:" message there would be
periodic "msh0: link becomes ready" messages, sometimes interspersed
with messages complaining about bad checksums in the jffs2
filesystem -- but sooner or later the XO would just sit there.]

My problem is that I do not know if I did something after the first
boot to cause this situation,  Nor do I know how to "correct" jffs2.

Each time the XO would not allow me to boot, I re-flashed the entire
nand. Eventually got tired of it - am now back to running f7 builds.

mikus