Release Status Meeting - 8.2.0 - Tomorrow, 2:00 PM EDT, various venues

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Mon Jun 30 21:54:59 EDT 2008

As discussed last week, we are meeting publicly from 2 - 4PM EDT (1600-1800
UTC), tomorrow, Tuesday July 1, to discuss the release plan for 8.2.0.

The meeting will be held in the "Boardroom" at 1CC, on Line #2 (from the
United States: 866-213-2185 access code: 1671650#), and on irc.freenode.org in
#olpc-meeting.

Here is our proposed agenda:

What is it?    --   15 minutes
-------------------------------

 * Reiterates our purpose, goals, and target features.

(For our current thinking, please see the 8.2.0 Release [1] and the the Main
Release Status [2] pages.)

[1]: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/8.2.0
[2]: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Releases

Release Review    --    30 minutes
-----------------------------------

We'll discuss our current release contracts report:

  http://dev.laptop.org/report/18

Action items    --   30 minutes
--------------------------------

There's plenty of work to do in the future. We'll record it in earnest here.

Final comments    --   15 minutes

 * Set date for next meeting. Tuck in anything you had to hold back when
   Greg cut you off for being off topic :-)

---

In short, come one, come all, and let's get this show on the road!

Michael & Greg

P.S. - Greg wants to talk about process at another meeting. We'll see who
prevails.