Olpc3 vs Joyride

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Mon Jun 30 15:31:44 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Victor Lazzarini
<Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie> wrote:
> I find it amazing that instead of offering support, people
> tend to criticize you for taking a thankless task onboard.
> I wish instead of just talking, they went out there and did the job;
> I am happy to pass on the maintenance of olpcsound, csound-olpc
> or whatever name you find more appropriate, to whoever
> is not happy and thinks he/she can make a better job of
> it.

I'm sorry it appears that way, Victor.  We certainly do appreciate you
doing the packaging!
OLPC and Redhat/Fedora still have a bit of a ways to go to properly
integrate their communities, and sometimes we get lingering resentment
in one direction or another (symmetrically: "these OLPC guys, always
going off their own way" and "these Fedora folks, trying to force us
into their shoebox").  We're working on it!  Dennis has been a
fantastic resource in integrating the "OLPC way" into the "Fedora
way", and hopefully we can continue to get more folks like him and you
both.

Thank you again for your hard work!  I hope when Dennis gets out from
under the 8.2 release work you two (and the mysteriously other Fedora
csound maintainer) can touch base on how best to merge packaging so we
don't always have to be playing catchup to our upstream.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )