font size in Tcl/Tk

Christian Kurtsiefer phyck at nus.edu.sg
Sun Jun 29 03:26:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

don't know if anyone out there is still playing with Tcl/Tk, but we have
a collection of glue software for measurement apps we would like to get
running on the olpc, but the I somehow cannot manage to increase the
font size - I had a look at the micropolis code, but it seems that it
also uses only very tiny fonts in the packed Activity.

Is anyone out there who is able to complete this code snippet to
increase the font size on the olpc (I have a built 703)?

#!/usr/bin/wish
label .l -text "some text"
pack .l

I tried variations of the following line

.l configure -font 6x13

with the few other fonts than 6x13 showing up with xlsfonts, but without
any success in changing something apparent. Anyone knows the root cause
of the problem? Is this related to the issue that it is at least not
straightforward to start an xterm with larger font sizes?

thanks!