qemu on Kubuntu - error regarding 3dnow support.

Kent Dahl kentda at pvv.org
Sat Jun 28 12:05:03 EDT 2008

Hi.

I was going through the instruction on the Wiki regarding setup of qemu
on Linux:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Emulating_the_XO/Quick_Start/Linux

But once I select a boot entry (such as 'OLPC for qemu target (Full
size)') it fails to load the kernel with the message:
	This kernel requires the following features not present on the CPU:
	3dnow
	Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU.

Is this a know issue? I noticed a comment about images failing in
Ubuntu, but it was from January. I was expecting this (3dnow) to be part
of what qemu emulated, but found no settings related to it. I was
testing with this image:
xo-1-olpc-stream-joyride-build-2084-20080627_2253-devel_ext3.img.bz2

Using qemulator 0.5:
detected qemu_version: 0.9.1
qemu 0.9.x detected, using 0.9 command set

My setup:
Linux neuromancer 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Wed Jun 18 14:43:41 UTC 2008
i686 GNU/Linux
Kubuntu 8.04.1, upgraded from 7.10.
AMD Athlon 64 CPU (but running in 32-bit mode)

--
Kent Dahl <kentda at pvv.org>
http://www.pvv.org/~kentda/