FW: Fundacion Marina Orth - Upgrade to image 703

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Sat Jun 28 14:16:31 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:31:36AM -0400, Edgar Ceballos wrote:
> Michael:
>
> The instructions on the Wiki are not very clear. I want to be able to accomplish two things with the 230 laptops for the Marina Orth school:
>
> 1-      Upgrade image from 623 to 703
>
> 2-      Install all the extra activities that come with image 703
>
> I am following the instructions in the attached document. What should I do differently?

The instructions in Step 1, #3 of your document are incorrect:

 * You SHOULD copy fs.zip into the root of the USB device.

 * You SHOULD NOT unzip it.

 * Walter correctly explained the procedure and the desired final
   contents of the USB device.

Otherwise, the instructions look correct to me.

Michael

P.S. - If you encounter similar difficulties in the future, please send
mail to help at laptop.org where our dedicated support volunteers can
assist you. They have a lot more experience writing crystal-clear
instructions than I do, I'm afraid. :)