Testing branch and actions

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 19:06:05 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:43 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 01:24:22PM +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Tomeu has a good question:
>>
>> "Can we close a ticket once we have verified it's fixed in joyride and
>> we don't have yet stable builds for 8.2.0?"
>
> No, because fixing the issue in joyride does fix the issue for our users. In
> particular, it does not guarantee that the issue will be included in the next
> release.

How so? I guess/hope testing will be branched off the latest joyride.

>> We have both a unstable build and a testing one in the process and I'm
>> not sure which one these are referring to.
>
> You're right that there's an ambiguity. We could change this to something like:
>
> add to devel        test in devel
> add to testing      test in testing
> add to updates      test in updates
>
> We could the 'signoff' state to represent the need to acquire any necessary
> approvals.
>
> Alternately, we could use the ambiguous 'add to build' and 'test in build' and
> use the comments or tags to learn exactly what build needs action.

Yeah perhaps we actually already have tags which provides enough
context to disambiguate. If there is an unstable:x+ tag already it
will be either testing or updates. If there is a 8.2.0:x it's updates,
if there is a 8.2.1:x it's updates.

Marco