Trac Usage Conventions

Deepak Saxena dsaxena at laptop.org
Fri Jun 27 10:17:32 EDT 2008

On Jun 26 2008, at 20:48, Michael Stone was caught saying:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 01:31:24AM +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
> > > 4. People should indicate the release they _wish_ that changes would
> > >   land in via the Milestone field.
> >
> > I tend to think the Milestone should be set by the bug owner (or by
> > other developers in its team) and not by the bug reporter. I'm not
> > sure if that's what you mean with people or not.
>
> Your suggestion seems good; also, I was intentionally vague.
>
> What do others think?

I have a concern that non-developers will use the Milestone
field to determine what we (OLPC as an organization) are planning
on supporting in a given release and not as a wishlist item.
I suggest this field should only be set by one of the release
release team members once the team is comfortable promissing
a feature/bugfix to based on develper feedback and prioritization
based on end-user inputs.

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena <dsaxena at laptop.org>