Testing branch and actions

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 07:24:22 EDT 2008

Hello,

Tomeu has a good question:

"Can we close a ticket once we have verified it's fixed in joyride and
we don't have yet stable builds for 8.2.0?"

(should be s/stable/testing)

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7362#comment:4

* We need to create a testing branch so that we can start following
the soon-to-be-published release process.

* Until the testing branch is created, the actions flow will likely be
slightly different.  But anyway I need to first understand all the
current actions meanings:

never set
diagnose
design
code

These are obvious to me.

communicate
signoff
finalize
no action
unknown

Can someone give a try to explain these?

package

Does this refer to new packages only? (I think it should be part of
"add to build" for already existing packages, but see below).

add to build
test in build

We have both a unstable build and a testing one in the process and I'm
not sure which one these are referring to. Terminology aside I think
we need:

1 One action to get things into the unstable build.
2 One action to get Michael approval to go in the testing build.
3 One action to actually get the changes in the testing build.
4 One action to test into the testing build.

1 and 2 should probably be merged.

Marco