SuperUser permission for the Driver??

shivaprasad javali jbsp72 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 00:37:08 EDT 2008

The USB HID device which works along with my application needs a third party
driver(libhid). So I have to detach the device from the kernel  before I
starting using my own drivers. So I need superuser permission for that to
detach the USB device from the kernel. I call hid_force_open() (this is a
libhid() call which detaches the USB device from the kernel and then start
using its own driver)

Hope this makes it clear as to what I am trying to do. :)

Thanks
Shivaprasad