Is my NAND dead?

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Jun 24 13:23:55 EDT 2008

Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> Thanks. I did  a copy-nand and the system is up again, but it still
> doesn't explain why the system wouldn't boot. Is there any way of
> debugging that?

What build and what firmware are you running?  There are a few different
bugs that can cause a boot failure.  Debugging it will probably require
some Mitch Bradly time if not one of the known bugs.

> Should I open a trac issuse about the OpenFirmware pagefault?

Can you duplicate it?  If you can rerun the fixbbt and have it fail then
I'm sure Mitch would like to fix it.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child