Making updating easier

Deepak Saxena dsaxena at laptop.org
Sat Jun 21 19:37:32 EDT 2008

On Jun 21 2008, at 20:10, Kim Quirk was caught saying:
> Sounds great! We've discussed a similar thing here, but I don't
> believe there has been any time for that.
>
> For g1g1 people there could possibly be 2 options - 1. Upgrade from
> 656 to 8.1.1, with the automatic second step of adding activities; or
> 2. Cleanstall to the 8.1.1 build that already includes activities (a
> signed candidate for this is available today).

I've been thikning about update issues a bit and was wondering
if we have plans/processes in place to handle maintaince of multiple
releases? Meaning that when we release 8.2, will we still provide bug
fixes and security updates to 8.1.1 users or are we expecting everyone
to move forward to 8.2 and just EOL 8.1.x?

Thanks!
~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena <dsaxena at laptop.org>