Build streams; preparing for 8.2 release.

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Thu Jun 12 16:03:30 EDT 2008

Is the piece we're missing the correlation with koji branches /
repository names?  I've tried to encourage people to think of a more
clever naming scheme, but lacking that I suggest that we name our
branches according to our stable releases.  For example:
  olpc8.1  <- repo for 8.1, 8.1.1, 8.1.2, etc
                   with tags for each release
  olpc8.2  <- repo for 8.2, 8.2.1, 8.2.2, etc
                   with tags for each release

So our 'stable' build currently would come from the olpc8.1 branch,
testing from olpc8.2, and unstable from olpc8.2 plus an 'unstable'
repository or an 'olpc8.2-unstable' tag.  When we release 8.2 we start
an olpc8.3 or olpc9.1 branch.

Do we need the 'dist-' prefix currently used by koji?  If so, then add
'dist-' to the tags above.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )