OLPC: Open Organized Transparent

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Tue Jun 10 05:34:56 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 9:55 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 02:50:30PM -0400, Garrett Goebel wrote:
>
>> How many Full Time Equivalent hours does a given developer represent?
>
> A guesstimate: about 25 hrs/wk of coding and 30 hrs/wk of talking for
> social folks, maybe 30 hrs/wk of coding and 10 hrs/wk of talking for
> contractors; and 5-8 full days off a month (including weekends).

If IRC, phone, trac and email count as talking and not coding, then
that guesstimate doesn't count for me (contractor). Also, I'm pretty
sure other contractors like me are working quite a bit more than 40
hours per week.

If we were more sugar developers, the time dedicated to answer people
in the mailing lists and IRC would be much lower, and we could code
more. Some help with trac would be very welcome, as well.

Will be nice to discuss this things more in depth when we hire a
project manager.

Regards,

Tomeu