OLPC: Open Organized Transparent

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Fri Jun 6 17:42:01 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 05:14:34PM -0400, Garrett Goebel wrote:
> IcedTea requires >=512 MB RAM to compile. I don't see a minimum
> memory requirement for using it.
>
> So yes, if you can find a compilation environment for me for it... I'd
> like to create an rpm which I could install on a current build
> Update-1 XO.
>
> So I'm going to have to re-learn the steps to turn a srpm into an rpm.

Fedora has nifty tools called "mock" and "koji" for just this purpose.
See the bibliography at

  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Developer/Fedora

for more hints.

If you want some makefiles to steal ideas from, check out

  http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/mstone/rpm-packaging

Finally, shout if you get stuck!

Michael

P.S. - (There might also be some Fedora folk who have worked with
IcedTea before. I suggest you ask around on #fedora or #fedora-devel.)