New, more realistic multi-hop network testbed

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Mon Jun 9 13:24:34 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 09:55:20AM +0200, Guillaume Desmottes wrote:
> Latest Salut release has a new Avahi abstraction layer (see #6658).
> It's still unclear if Cerebro should be integrated as an Salut backend
> or in its own connection manager though.

What lack of clarity do you observe?

>From the Collabora work statement:

  Integrating Cerebro into Telepathy framework

  We've spoken to Polychronis about how Cerebro works, and attended his
  presentation last week, and now have a better understanding of the
  functions provided by Cerebro, and how it could be best integrated
  into Telepathy framework for use by the presence service, Sugar and
  activities. We propose to continue work on the “telepathy-cerebro”
  connection manager which implements the Telepathy API by using the
  communications provided by Cerebro, so that we can make its
  functionality available to the existing software on the XOs without
  modification, and allow observations of the behaviour and reliability
  of Cerebro in our test environments.

http://teach.laptop.org/~mstone/collabora.txt

Michael

P.S. - For hints, see http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/mstone/telepathy-cerebro