Peru Upgrade process.

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Sun Jun 8 12:41:00 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 12:18 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> I'm also a little cranky because when we fought over this last time it

Just to clarify, "cranky" does not mean I'm actually *mad* at any
person or thing in particular.  I understand that requirements change,
we didn't have perfect knowledge of the future, crap happens, etc,
etc.   I'm just being more-grumbly-than-usual because this issue could
have been avoided in a perfect world.

As much as I dislike having multiple ways to do the same thing, on
reflection it looks like touching up the autoreinstallation script is
probably going to be the Right Thing to do in this case -- because
we'll need something very similar in the future to migrate from
unpartitioned to partitioned layouts, at the very least.  I still have
some concerns about the time this will take, the fragility of the
process, etc, etc.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )