New, more realistic multi-hop network testbed

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 03:42:21 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 2:31 AM, Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos <ypod at mit.edu>
wrote:

> C. Scott Ananian wrote:
> > Last I checked, Poly wasn't an employee of OLPC.
> I don't think this is a valid argument either:

Not being an employee of OLPC does not mean I 'm willing to waste my
> time on something OLPC has no interest in. Like most other volunteers,
> work at OLPC is interesting because it's technically challenging and
> globally significant. If the work is not in OLPC's radar of interest,
> then something's wrong and it should be discussed.

I'm glad you said this; I was going to chime in with the same thought.
Providing a global sense of significance and priority -- through accurate
and complete transmission of feedback, and through review of all ideas being
offered or tested -- is one of the most valuable things OLPC can offer its
contributors and supporters.

SJ