what about having network connections inhibit sleep?

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Thu Jun 5 14:28:56 EDT 2008

> (when booted with the o gamekey held down also shows build 656 (which I
> know didn't have auto-suspend enabled) both with kernel
> 2.6.22.20071231*3a269
>
> so now I'm as puzzled as you are.

If you were displaying a PDF file in another window, a gross kludge in
Read might have forcibly suspended your laptop (even in 656, I think).
I had to read one last night, and it killed my USB Wired ethernet.

       John

PS: Some hotels have WiFi in the lobby or 'business center' even when
the rooms are wired.

PPS: SD cards and suspend are not compatible yet; that's bug #4013 and
#6893.