what about having network connections inhibit sleep?

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Thu Jun 5 13:24:36 EDT 2008

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Morgan Collett wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 6:42 AM,  <david at lang.hm> wrote:

>> where do I go to discover this?
>>
>> when I handed the machines over for the project one was running a recent
>> (april/may right before the activities were being removed) joyride, and
>> the other was as shipped in december. I think they re-flashed both
>> machines, but I'm not sure what with.
>
> cat /etc/issue tells you the build number.

the one I didn't upgrade is build 656, the one that I had problems with
(when booted with the o gamekey held down also shows build 656 (which I
know didn't have auto-suspend enabled) both with kernel
2.6.22.20071231*3a269

so now I'm as puzzled as you are.

> FWIW I always use verbose for olpc-update:
>
> sudo olpc-update -fvvr joyride-2013
>
> That shows the exact progress of the rsync. (The r is for reboot after
> updating.)

thanks, I hadn't seen anything about flags for olpc-update before.

the hotel I'm staying in has wired internet acces not wireless like I
expected. I can either upgrade the machines via USB or I can setup my
linux laptop to act as a gateway (assuming I can get everything talking in
ad-hoc mode)

David Lang