Autoreinstallation image is not signed.

ffm ffm at cluenet.org
Tue Jun 3 20:01:45 EDT 2008

C. Scott Ananian-3 wrote:

> We should continue to try very hard not to let the OS become
> unbootable.  If it is unbootable, something Very Wrong should have
> occurred and there's no guarantee that "mount the filesystem and copy
> off /home" will work either.  Using a dev key and a rescue disk is
> probably a much better bet than any attempt at automagic.

True, but "mount the filesystem and copy off /home" is better than nothing.
We have to accept that there are builds in the field that have _known_
issues, such as 650. When they occur, (and since users don't update/backup
until too late...) we _need_ to have a better solution than "you didn't
update, you're on your own."

-FFM