Autoreinstallation image is not signed.

Robert Myers rmyers7 at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 3 19:25:00 EDT 2008

Chris,

>    > That said, there's a separate bug in trac about X not starting when
>    > the NAND flash is full.  I'm not sure if that's what you're
>    > referring to as "not booting" or not, but we should fix that, too.
>
> Specifically, http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7125.
>
> What do people think of the straw man in that ticket?  Should we
> implement it?
>

 >Straw man from ticket>

We're probably going to see this a lot in the field. It might be worth
having some recovery logic. Here's a straw-man: if disk is full at boot,
delete the single largest journal entry, iterate until disk is not full
anymore.

<end<

Is there anything that can be thrown away before we start scragging the
user's work? Browser caches, or similar things?

How much space is needed for a successful boot anyways? Maybe there
ought to be a dummy file stored just for the purpose of being thrown
away in an emergency.

Or throw away least recently used non-core activities, which hopefully
could easily be reloaded from the web or a teacher's USB stick.

I'd think that throwing away the child's work would be one of the last
things we'd want to do.

Bob